2/07/2018

February Is Already Here and I'm 36 Now!

I like to document Birthdays on this here blog, so mine is no exception. I turned 36 on Monday. Thirty-six is a great even number. It sounds good and it feels good. Maybe my average weight has increased, my white hairs have increased, and I'm noticing an older look in my eyes (dare I say wrinkles?), but I'm happy to embark on year 36 and feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be. What a journey life is. Funny how I thought I had arrived when I was 17 (although my parents would say I thought that at age 3), and then again when I was 19, and yet again when I was 23 and married Chris. Since 23 the rollercoaster of adulthood has brought with it doubts, questions, and the realization that I might not ever "arrive." But with each passing year I feel like I find another piece of my identity. I feel like each year I understand just a little bit more. And how exciting is that? 

I'm relishing this time. This month. This week. This day. This moment. But I'm grateful for all the wisdom (and gray hairs) that I hope God will give me and I look forward to tomorrow, too. 

Pictures below are from my Birthday outing on Saturday morning. Rustbelt Coffee, quick jaunt in the mall, and then Italian restaurant for lunch!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa