2/25/2008

A little Fashion from Oscars night

Hello my friends. In no real order I have some of my favs (and not so favs) from last nights fashion show.
Penelope here, had on a gown with so many feather accents, I couldn't really get into the whole ensemble, however, I LOVED her hair. It was poofed back and then long and dramatic down her back. I loved all the different dark colors you could see in her hair...for me, it was SO pretty.
My favorite thing about Nicole's outfit is her necklace. After seeing boring outfit, after boring outfit walk down the run way I thought "finally, a boring black dress with some drama!" While the necklace may be over the top, for the Oscars I think it was absolutely perfect!
Marion really does look like a mermaid in this outfit, complete with the wavy curls falling over her shoulder. I thought the dress was very stunning.
I like Keri Russel, I'd like her even more if she would stand up straight for pictures. Her gown was flattering and her necklace gorgeous. I like that she avoided the red and black that was everywhere on the red carpet this year.
Boring. There was SO many "over one shoulder" gowns. Why? Is it that flattering? At least the getup shows off her adorable figure really well, I think it was a very flattering choice, just wish she went a little more over the top.
Such a pretty color for Alba! I love her in purple. Hate the feather. But what are you gonna do?
For some reason I couldn't stop looking at Jennifer. Her jewelry and hair and makeup was perfect! Her eyes were so dark! The dress was cool in that the material and details were amazing. If you are gonna do black, I think it's smart to give it some flair. (did I say that already?)
Again an off the shoulder gown, and black. Blah. But I love Hillary so she has to be seen here. Her smile is so huge and so happy...she really is a pretty lady.
And now...my favorite gown of the night! Watching her walk in it and see how it moved was very dramatic. I loved the crystal looking lace sleeves, they were amazing. Very age appropriate without looking "old". I LOVED her gown!
Hey, hey Heidi! Cute dress...you look like a Barbi!
I wish Cate's dress covered her shoes. I think fancy dresses should touch the floor. But perhaps she got fitted before her belly got bigger? (jk) Regardless I thought she looked very pretty with her wispy hair and the pretty color of her frock.
I loved the details on this dress. It does look a little blah, but I think Cameron likes to do simple. The details were fun and kept you looking.
I forgot why I have a picture of Anne. To make fun of her maybe? There is a very home town beauty queen look about her. With what appears to be a band of flowers placed over her shoulders. All she needs is a beauty queen crown.
Amy, Amy. Love your dress, boring color though. Is it green? Is it black? Love your tiny mesh purse with nothing in it! Loved you in Enchated, will probably love you forever now.
And I think that is all folks.

4 comments:

  1. I don't need to look any further than your blog to get the review. Thanks! :) Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Missi, you said almost exactly what I would have said! I disagreed about Marion. The mermaid dress was too fishy for me. I mean, come on...scales? Too costume. I also thought that Amy Adams purse was silly. Jennifer Garner's hair was so romantic - I couldn't stop looking at her! Kerri Russell was my favorite. The dress was romantic and elegant and different without being crazy! The necklace was amazing. Helen's dress was my second favorite. The color, the fit, wow. She looked like a million dollars and then some. I loved the drama of Heidi's hair. Penelope looked so stunning! Wow, yes, it was a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see Renee Z.'s dress? I didn't like her hair, but I liked her dress a lot.

    Heidi auctioned off her dress immediately with proceeds to cancer research so I love it just for that. :)

    And yep, AA's dress was dark green. Good for her skin tone, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, I actually wasn't a big fan of Renee's dress. Maybe it was cause I Couldn't get over her hair and the fact she kept touching it on the red carpet. At least it was flashy though.

    Cool about Heidi I didn't know that. I think AA's dress was good for her, I couldn't quite decide if I liked it a lot or not.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa