6/25/2008

Straw Fedora

Without the hat, purse, or cuff...

With the hat, purse, and bracelet...

Is it better without the hat?

I love hats, but when I wear them I feel ver conspicuous as most people don't wear hats anymore. I mean after all...how many of you would even wear hats if you had them?

So what do you think? Is a hat a good look for the day, or is it only great for gardening and the beach?

Straw hat - Target - $6.48

Linen tunic - Moda International (thrifted) - $3.50

Pedal Pushers (Gap curvy jeans - hemmed into pedal pushers by me) - Gap - $9.99

Leather wedges - Off Broadway (B.O.C.) - $19.99

Leather belt - Gap - $25

Venetian glass earrings from Venice - gifted from a friend visiting Venice

Metal cuff - Claire's - $1.00

Pink canvas and leather tote - Lillian Vernon (thrifted) - $1.00



6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 25, 2008

    Super cute!!!!!!! Love the color, and love the hats, i don't care what the fashion is i will always love and wear hats! And that one is super cute!
    -Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it both ways, but I think you should wear the hat. Like Li said who cares what other people wear. Hats are cute and it seems like celebs wear them enough so why can't we? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hat! I used to wear hats all the time. No one else wore them, but they always commented on how they liked my hat. Funny people. This is a really cute outfit... very slimming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have great gams, Lady! Excellent idea hemming those jeans. I'm always so jealous of crafty women like you who are able to transform their clothes. Also, that tunic is a stunning color on you.

    As for the hat, I think it's the perfect summer accessory and if you love wearing it, wear the crap out of it all day. To be honest, I think your little fedora pulls this whole outfit together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute outfit. I love the tunic color on you. I'm echo the comments above, the outfit works without the hat, but the hat does add to it too. And I see pictures of celebrities wearing hats alot these days -- so why not the rest of the "common" world? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 26, 2008

    I love the fedora! I always feel a bit self-conscious wearing hats, but love it when others do. So, the more and more people that wear them, the less and less I will feel self-conscious! :-)
    You are super pretty, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa