8/14/2008

New skirt

The other day I picked up this $5 ombre skirt at H&M. I absolutely love it, I just need to grow at least 5 inches to pull it off (hence the hooker shoes I'm wearing). I'll try hemming it at some point a couple of inches and see if that helps, but till then, this will have to do.

This picture is to show how ridiculous my shoes are. Hee hee!

I tried wearing it with the shirt untucked and belt over it to define my waist and cut the length of the shirt, but I think the shirt over the skirt on my hips made me look too wide.
The shirt tucked in and belt over the skirt is my favorite look and what I'm probably going to wear today.
Beltless it just looks unfinished to me.
I had to cut squares out of my face because besides being make-up-less, my attempts at giving an artistic look turned into scowls. No one wants to see a scowl, so you just don't get to see my face! lol!

Silver and turquoise earrings - gifted
Turquoise t-shirt - hand-me-down
Ombre skirt - H&M - $5
Red patent skinny belt - Target - $3.74
Red platform sandals - Aerosoles - gifted

13 comments:

  1. I like it with the top tucked in and out, love the shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your blog and I have enjoyed reading! I will add you to my blog list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I actually like it out the best. It does make the skirt not seem as long and doens't make your hips look big. But I can understand wanting to look smaller in that areas =).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the exact look I've been going for lately! I think the belt really adds a lot.

    I love turquoise and red together. One of my favorite combos! You do well with color coordinating, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I just posted an ombre skirt with the same question (in or out) the other day. I think putting on a belt would definitely help my "tucked in" look feel more right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it tucked out, but if in, defiantly add the belt! So cute! Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that the skirt is red i love red! And it's adorable!
    -Li

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just FYI the skirt is fuschia on top and it fades in to a poppy orange/red at the bottom. The lighting didn't showcase the colors in the pictures I took.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That color combination is fresh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for tucked out with the belt. very fresh color combo and up to date look with the belt.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa