8/24/2008

A touch of mascara


I received a coupon in my Lucky magazine earlier this month for a free trial of Estee Lauder's new Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara (yes, that is a mouth full). Since it would normally cost $19.50 to buy it, I was thrilled to get a mini size verzion of the mascara to see if I liked it for free!
It is very Sumptuous and it did make my lashes look amazingly thick and so very black. However, it clumps something horrible! I found, even though it was wonderfully rich, with all the clumps left on my lashes I was much happier with my covergirl lashblast (under $7 at drugstores) which provided thick, volumuous lashes and zero clumps.
Perhaps if I had a lash brush or wanted to take the time to apply my mascara in a meticulous fashion the Estee Lauder Sumptuous would be worth it...but I don't:)
In summary it was sumptuous...but not clump free enough to make the $19.50 price tag worth it for me.

5 comments:

  1. Nice review! I'm glad to know my CG mascara is still better than Estee Lauder! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last sentence rhymed a little. =)
    My fav of all fav mascaras is Cliniques new waterproof one. I've never been a lover or waterproof before but this one is different. It comes off with warm tap water, but not pool, ocean, tears, ect. It's so awesome!!! It's called lash power mascara.
    Also, don't forget to throw out your mascara every 90 days and get a new one! I write on mine with a magic marker to date I open it so I know when to get a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try Cliniques new waterproof mascara!
    That is funny you mentioned that you date your mascara...I have a little calendar in my bathroom and I mark on there when I open a new mascara! lol! I just bought a new one last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lash Blast! The first time I put it on, I had to take it off and redo it because my lashes looked huge and fake

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got that mascara with the same Lucky coupon. And I agree, it does clump. I have another Estee Lauder one (also a free sample) and that one is fab. I'm trying to think what it's called - something beginning with P i think!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa