1/15/2009

Brrrr...it's cold outside!

I know, it's a goofy smile! I'm still trying to figure out how to smile properly with these braces!

By the way, someone asked how long I'll have them on for...they quoted me two years. So I hope that's all! Thanks for the tips, too! The only pains I had were the cuts on the inside of my mouth from the poking wires. Now my mouth is getting calloused, and at this point, I just eat awkwardly, but there really isn't any pain!


Nothing fancy today - had to dress as practically as possible. It's in the low twenties, and with the wind chill, it feels even colder! Not pictured is my brown toggle coat and brown leather gloves.

White v-neck sweater - Gap - gifted from Christmas
White scarf - Target - $6
Corduroy bootcut jeans - American Eagle - $19.99
Brown wedge loafers - thrifted - $6
Jean jacket - Hydraulic - gifted
Herringbone newsboy cap - so long ago I don't remember!
Medallion earrings - gifted

6 comments:

  1. Love the outfit and your hair! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can get some wax from the orthodontist. just put a lil dab over the wire that pokes, works great!
    also, the must have for braces is a water pik. you will be amazed how much stuff is hidden in, up and around braces...and its funny when you have to eat a cheeseburger with a fork for the first time. good luck! you look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, they sent me home with the wax when I got the braces. It still hurt. They also sent me home with the water pik and I've been using that faithfully. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this kind of look--my fav. Adorable cap, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I luv how the accessories really make this simple outfit exciting and fun. ~Kendra~

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa