1/07/2009

Trying to copy looks from Keri Russel (InStyle)

This is my very feeble attempt to copy two looks from the photo spread of Keri Russell done in the most recent In Style Issue.



I was inspired by how she said she used pieces from her husbands closet all the time, and so I tried to do the same with my button down shirt. However, I think my husband is a bit to large for me to borrow his pieces, as the button down shirt is huge on me! It was still fun trying to copy her looks. Sorry the pictures of her aren't that great, but you get the idea:)

Top Look: Kahki Pants ~ Target $20
White top ~ Wal-mart $6
Vest ~ Marshalls $14
Scarf ~ Ginger Street $12
Black heels ~ Target $8

Bottom Look: Boyfriend Jeans ~ Gap $15
White t-shirt ~ Target $4
Button down ~ Borrowed from Husbands closet
Large vest ~ JCP $17
Canvas flats ~ Marshalls $6

9 comments:

  1. Hi Missi,

    I just wanted to tell you how much I love that knit vest from Penney's! I've noticed it in quite a few of your posts and it looks great every time.

    Not sure if I'd still be able to find it for myself, but I'll be looking for something similar when I'm out shopping.

    ~Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I'm not usually one for emulating the young celebraties' fashion choices -- but I DID really like the pix of Keri Russel when I saw them....her style was very simple, very natural and easy. I think you pegged her look quite well -- very impressive!

    You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, these are awesome! You do these looks really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you even pose the same way as her! :-) You did a great job copying these looks! I think I may try to duplicate the 1st look you posted. I have a white shirt, a brown vest, and a burgundy scarf I could try!!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of your scarf...and i've been looking for a vest but i'm not having any luck :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Nic are great at capturing looks. You nailed both looks and the poses are great. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job...looks adorable...I love pulling celeb looks and trying them my way :) ~Kendra~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you did the bottom look! You did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun look! I LOVE Keri Russel, she's one of my fav celebs and her style is awesome - so simple and comfortable yet chic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa