5/22/2009

Answer to a reader question

I just have to ask you about the cami/tank you have on under your blouse. I notice you often wear something like that. I am petite as well and every tank I find is too low on me and doesn't provide the modest coverage I'm looking for. I'm wondering if you can give any advice as to brands or stores that have good tanks/camis for petite women. Thanks!

Today I'm wearing a sports bra to act as both a cami and a bra. This particular sports bra has a high neckline and straps that you can raise (it's the Champion cotton jogbra that comes in my size! 32DD). However, I also use Forever 21 camis that are only $2.50. They don't have built in shelf bras, so you they don't hang low, and they are made of very thin material so they don't add bulk. Their necklines are also very high. The drawback is that they are not long, so they don't work for long torsos if you want something that covers your midriff. For short torsos like mine, they are perfect!

One other trick I've tried is cutting the bottom layer off a cami, so that I don't have to feel like I'm wearing so many layers. So many camis ride up my waist or bunch up under dresses. I bought one cami that I just cut to only hang right across the bust so I don't have to worry about bulk around my waist.

Hope that answers your question!

4 comments:

  1. May I add another suggestion? I buy my camisoles and tank tops from Shade Clothing (shadeclothing.com) They are long enough at the hem to tuck into low rise jeans, and high enough in the neckline to cover undergarments. I really like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a petite (though chubby) frame and have a heck of a time finding tank tops that come up high in the chest but long enough in length that they don't roll up my back. There's hardly any space between my ribs and my hips which create my pear shape. I've had luck with the body shapers (?) tanks from NY & Co. They have an adjustable spaghetti strap and built in bra. There's a bit of flare in the cut so the bottom doesn't roll up. The material is odd though, sort of a shiny/stretchy poly. I also like the cotton Mossimo tanks at Target. They have a high neck line and long enough that they don't roll. They can easily be tucked in to pants too. I stock up every time I go to Target. I never heard of Shade Clothing. I took a look at their site and like their clothes and prices. Thanks for that tip. Also thanks for the sports bra link. I'm a 34DD and have a heck of a time finding comfy bras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Down East Basics (downeastbasics.com) has great camis that are pretty cheap. They also come in a great range of colors. There's lots of other good things on the site too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. i am a follower of your blog and i must say i admire you for your fashion taste and thriftiness.
    Speaking of jewelries and accessories, would you mind posting a picture of your jewelry and accessories organiser in your closet. i just wanted to see so i can have idea. my jewelries are a mess, just scattered on top of my dresser. :(

    thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa