5/30/2009

Morning Wedding


Off to get the Maid of Honor's hair ready for the wedding at noon - and then attending the wedding. Can't wait! I love weddings!

I bought this dress last year off Ebay after putting off buying it at Gap in hopes it would go on clearance. Unfortunately, it sold out at Gap, so my only option was Ebay, and the deal wasn't that great. Nevertheless, my heart was set on it, so I bought it anyhow.

I've not been sure of it since I bought it until last night when I finally decided to hem it 2 inches. It's amazing (in my opinion, at least) what a difference the shorter length makes for my petite frame!

Dress - Gap (off Ebay) - $35
Shrug - Rave - $15
Crochet bracelet - The Velvet Lounge (boutique in downtown city shop) - $.50
Pumps - Target - $6
Shell earrings - Target - $.50
Bag - thrifted - $2

11 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 30, 2009

    LOVE THIS!!! I need to go on ebay more often if this is what you find! Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog. My favorite part is how you put together stylish outfits on a budget and using thrifted items. I'm passing on a blogger award to you. To claim it, go to http://renaissancegardenblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/ive-been-given-award.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress, another beautiful look. I have never bought clothes on Ebay only beads. Have fun at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving this! It really is amazing what two inches can do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant!!!
    I wish I can hem my own clothes, I have a bunch sitting around. Have a great time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look. Love weddings. Love Ebay. This reminds me of a vintage dress I bought from Ebay last fall. Love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep looking for this on ebay...only found it in maternity sizes...but I'm tempted anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 31, 2009

    Love this dress on you! Can you post a tutorial on how to hem a dress. I have a sewing machine but can't do much with it.

    -Rainee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do LOVE that dress - it's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The $35 was well-spent! What a gorgeous dress! You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa