8/02/2009

Breezy Sunday


I finally have gotten around to making a few alterations on this dress. It needed to be hemmed quite a bit, and the strapless wasn't working for me, so I added straps with the excess fabric I cut off at the hem. In addition, the dress is two sizes too big for me, so the boning in the corset on top had to be taken out so that the dress would look like it was supposed to be a drop waist and roomier on top.

This dress has special significance to me because I wore it as my going away dress after my wedding. I didn't mind it being longer for the wedding, since that made it a tad dressier, and I just wore a white sweater with it over a regular bra so I wouldn't have to worry about it falling down.

Dress - Express - $29.99 (altered by moi)
Pumps - Target - $6
Shell earrings - Target - $.50
Bag - thrifted - $3

12 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of white dresses and yours look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty! Love it.

    And wow, you have condom ads on this site now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen - Ack! I'll have to take those Google ads down...they are unpredictable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're fab in White!

    Side note...The third ad down on the right is for scientology.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous - thanks for letting me know. I have deleted them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress and the alterations you have made to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking! I love what you did with it! It's gorgeous!
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I don't wear white, I love it one other people. This dress is very pretty.

    Also, wanted to let you know that I've passed on the Kreativ Blogger Award to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress! So cool and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absoloutly adore this dress! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa