8/28/2009

Project Runway

I'm so excited that Project Runway has started! I wasn't around for the first show last week, but I watched the rerun last night. I've decided that this season I'm going to participate by sketching my own designs based on the challenges the contestants are given.

So, below is my Red Carpet look. I was thinking Academy Awards. I wanted it to have an ethereal quality, so the hair would be a bit frizzy and fluffy and platinum blond. I wanted a pale face with red lips. The dress would be made of peachy pink organza, and the bottom part would have feathers coming out the sides, with tulle and chiffon layers in the middle and coming up from out of the neckline. I didn't have time to sketch the back design, but it would have a little bit of a train too and a very low back.
For the maternity challenge, Rebecca said she wanted something tight, and I figured she would want to show off her legs as that was the thinnest part of her. I could totally see her wearing something like this:
Nevertheless, I think the dress is completely unwearable by the average pregnant woman, and wearing shoes like that is completely unpractical. Still, I had it in my mind and wanted to sketch it for fun.

I didn't have time to finish the sketch of what I would actually wear or could see other women wearing, but here's an idea:
It's supposed to be a little jacket, that could be adjusted to wear when you aren't pregnant, too. A little cami underneath and a denim pencil skirt would finish the look.

I'm really looking forward to the future challenges, and just hope I can sketch faster the next time around!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE the red carpet dress!!!! You should be a designer!
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the unfinished - VERY nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketches! I just found your blog through another one (can't remember which :/) and I can already tell I'll be frequenting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the maternity challenge, didn't you? Fun that you are going to sketch along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute designs!

    The maternity challenge was my favorite. I was dying laughing at the "chicken and egg" design. Just what every pregnant woman wants! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love Project runway!!!Glad to see you are participating. Great job on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The peach dress is TOTALLY in fashion for fall too - Dramatic shoulders and elements that call attention to the shoulders are hot for fall. (I just wrote an article about fall fashion so NOW I'm up on it :p) You are just so hip and in the loop fashion-wise :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen - Yes!

    Courtney - I want to read your article - where is it? and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited your participating in the challenges! I love the show too and while I have no artistic skill when it comes to sketching, I look forward to re-enjoying the challenge through your sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa