9/17/2009

Jeans at DressBarn




I just got these great jeans at DressBarn, a place I would have normally never looked at before for jeans. They have several styles there now, but my favorite style was their "straight leg" (or what I would call their skinny jean). The jean is a very dark wash with a few little rhinestones at the pockets (not shown in the pics). The waist is very high...much higher than I am used to, but that means that the pockets in the back are further up - very flattering on the rear! The jean is also very stretchy, so I almost felt like I was wearing leggings (so comfortable).

Here are tips I received from a personal shopper at DressBarn before I bought my pair:

  • For those of you who have a more defined waist, we recommend avoiding denim that has too much distressing on the front pockets, instead go with denim that has embroidered details on the back pockets!
  • Denim nights! Add a little embellishment and a sexy heel for a night out with the girls.
  • Just like black is slimming, dark denim can do the same thing! Wear a dark wash denim to help hide flaws.
  • Try pairing bright colored tops with light washed denim! It makes the color pop!
  • Don't let the name fool you, Boot Cut jeans and flats are a perfect pair for when you're on the go!

For more great jean buying tips, check out the DressBarn website.

The DressBarn near me, unfortunately did not carry petite sizes, so that was a problem for me. In addition, their smallest size was not small enough for me in all the other styles of jeans they had (besides this straight leg).

The price of their jeans runs from about $29 to $35 a pair, so if you're looking for a higher waisted, conservative jean for great prices, check out DressBarn!

3 comments:

  1. Love the jeans. Next time I'm in DB I'll look around and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! Maybe it's a location issue, but the DressBarn here carries a whole section of petites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never thought to buy jeans there! In fact, I just make a post on my blog about buying the right kind of jean, because I have yet to find them! Myabe a trip to dress barn is in order!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa