10/21/2009

Red hair?

I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding in a few weeks, and thought I better fix my ever growing dark roots in my hair before I appeared in wedding photos. Thinking I'd go the cheap route, I bought a couple of boxes of semi-permanent color in the lightest brown I could find, so as to avoid a deep dark brown that just isn't my natural color. When it dried, it looked red in sunlight!
It settled down to a brown color throughout the day and I am now back to my brown hair color - no more blonde highlights!


Sweater - BCBG (thrifted) - $6
Belt - Gap - $24.50
Brown polka dot shirt - hand-me-down from lil sis
Pearls - thrifted - $1
Boyfriend jeans - J.Crew (Ebay) - $2
T-strap pumps - Aerosoles - $29
Russian Red lipstick - MAC

11 comments:

  1. LOVE this outfit!!!!!!!!!!! Your hair looks great!
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely hair


    this is THE BEST outfit YET! I seriously love it- and I stole a picture for my inspiration folder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a long time follower of your blog but first time poster.

    I am normally a blonde highlights girl who is thinking of going back to brown because of the maintenance and money it takes to keep up highlights and I think you finally convinced me that it's okay!

    You look awesome, I love this outfit. Seriously, you ROCK with fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hair change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look on you, Nic! Love the new hair color, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing how red it looks in the first pic. It looks fabulous in all the pics. Seriously, your outfit is fab, love the color combo and that polka dot shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hair and lip color, Nic. :) I'm in love with the background in these shots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely, I am so jealous of your beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes! I can't believe those shoes are $29! I need to get a pair, asap! You look amazing.. I love this outfit. Classy and elegant, but casual. Perfect. =)

    -E

    www.bellesandbulls.com/bbblog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love light blue and brown together and you certainly did it justice with this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love the outfit but I think that if a cardigan doesn't close or button, a belt just draws attention to that fact. I know you love belts and I know you really are quite small but in my humble opinion, the belt with the open cardigan makes you look fairly wide which is just not accurate.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa