12/15/2009

Wedding Style

You Look Fab has inspired me to post pictures of my wedding. It was such a glorious day with so many beautiful memories, that I'm glad for an excuse to go through the photos again and remember every detail of the day.

I had a noon Virginia country wedding in May. The weather was perfect - about 75 degrees, and it was a clear day.

My style then was very simple. I never wore jewelry--I didn't even have my ears pierced until I got engaged. I didn't like to wear much color, and I liked simple lines.

My criteria for my wedding dress was that it be all white, be modest and appropriate for church, be delicate and simple since my wedding was at noon, be a dress that both my parents loved, that it have a train, and be under $500. Other than that, I wasn't too sure what I was looking for.

The dress I found was a simple A-line organza, with a bit of beading around the neckline and on to the bodice. I had a tulle detachable train for the ceremony and a simple elbow length 2-tier veil. My dress was by Jasmine. I loved it so much, I was planning on buying it regardless of the price. When I asked the boutique owner how much the dress was she said it had been discontinued and was marked down to $650. My Mom ended up finding it at a boutique near where she lived for only $470+! I knew then that this was the right dress. I bought my veil on Ebay for only $12!
The only jewelry I wore was a pair of pearl drop earrings. I purchased these on clearance at Kohl's for only $7.
I really loved my hair. My Mom (who used to be a professional hairstylist) did my hair for me exactly the way I wanted it. Soft, loose, flowing and romantic...a modern version of Jane Seymour's hair in Somewhere In Time.
My photographer (and good friend and co-worker) was (and still is) the best I've ever seen and she did the photography for me as a gift. I am forever grateful to her!
Missi and I, who have been best friends all our lives, shared a tender moment just before we walked down the aisle...
This picture caught us wiping away our tears...so precious!
The small country church was decorated with pale pink roses, baby's breath, and touch of lavender and ribbons. I loved my galvanized pails on the pew benches. They added just the right amount of country charm!

Missi made a stunning Maid of Honor...
And no wedding post is complete without a photo of the dashing groom!
So in love!
Our talented photographer, and good friend, Kelly, captured this shot of one of the flower girls and ringbearers leaving the church after the ceremony ended. Priceless!
This is where we had our reception.
Dancing...
We've been married for four years now (it will be five in May), and we're just as in love as ever!

So now it's your turn - if you are already married, what style was your wedding, and do you have any regrets? What was your favorite part about your wedding? Or if you are not married yet, what do you hope for your wedding to be like one day?

If you post wedding pics on your blog, let me know in a comment so I can go check them out!

All photos posted in this post were taken by Informal Moments Photography.

6 comments:

  1. awh... I love hearing your perspective on your day - These are still some of my favorite shots! I'm totally tempted to post a response to this about my own wedding at my blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nic, Not only was your wedding gorgeous, romantic and fairytale like, i was so excited to show my daughters. We watch that show "Say yes to the Dress" ever week and I tell them every week that those people are not based in reality paying up to 10,000 for a dress. you obviously did what I told them was possible, you found a gorgeous dress at a real person price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! Such stunning pictures. Your hair and dress were just perfect.

    My husband and I will celebrate 3 years of marriage in May.

    My style was um...budget. We graduated from college just 2 weeks before the wedding, and everyone was fairly broke.

    My dress was just something that I tried on and liked, and it was about $100. I don't love it now -- in fact I wish I had shopped around a little more. But I don't really care, because I did like it at the time.

    Here's a link to a pic of my dress on my main blog: http://sensetosave.com/2007/10/17/our-wedding-the-dress/

    Oh, and I recently started a new lookbook blog: www.iworethat.blogspot.com . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress. Beautiful you.

    That church looks so quaint and "country." Is that the church that you attend?

    My husband and I have been married for almost 8 years and our favorite part of our wedding was when we drove off as mr. and mrs. :)

    My one "regret" is that we didn't hire an amazing photographer. I wish we would have "sacrificed" on all of the little details that no one remembers and splurged on a photographer instead.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely precious! I love the brothers that God gave me, but the shot of you and Missi makes me want a sister too.

    --Faithful Reader Now in PA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about your wedding day looks just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa