2/08/2010

Monday

The Birthday weekend was filled of fun things and new treasures, but I couldn't help but be discouraged that I couldn't stick to a healthy diet, and instead of losing the 3 pounds I've gained since Christmas...I've gained two more. Today called for some baggy clothes to hide the extra poundage.
Tonight is MOPS, so I'm looking forward to getting out with the girls and especially glad I get to wear my new sweater that my hubby bought me at Ann Taylor this weekend for my Birthday!
Now that I'm 28, the goal is to look younger, not older, right? So I've stopped wearing dark eyeshadow. Lately I only wear highlighter under my eyebrows, across the top of my lids, and at the corners of the insides of my eyes. It gives me a bright and cheery look I think. Not as glamorous, but as my Mom says, more modern and young. I've also ordered a blush that looks more natural. I'm so used to wearing a bronzer as blush, that I hope I'll be able to adjust to the new look when I start trying it (I ordered Nars blush in Orgasm).

And here is a close-up of my layered necklaces.
Cardigan - Ann Taylor - gifted (but my hubby snagged it for $19 when it was normally $98!)
Tunic - Gap - gifted
Big pearls - thrifted - $1
Chain necklace - Target - gifted
Smaller pearls - gifted
Jeans - H&M - $20
Boots - Jessica Simpson - gifted
Bag - Coach - gifted

8 comments:

  1. You dont look old at all!

    Happy birth-week!!! Im sure it'll be tons of fun.

    Such a great layering of necklace! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new make up look! You look so fresh and young nic! ( you never looked old to begin with, but this look is just simply beautiful!)-Li

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look - I covet the sweater you are wearing!
    Love my MOPS group too - such a great organization
    Happy Birthday
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally loving your recent looks -- I wish I had your wardrobe so I could duplicate. And I love the new make-up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the dark shadow you used to wear. I don't think it makes you look older - it's all in how you wear, it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband picked out the sweater all by himself? High five to him!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blogging post today... I just need to stay positive and focus on the fun of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic post! Your bag is just to die for

    ReplyDelete
  8. The layered necklaces are gorgeous, I've been seeing lots of ladylike layered pearls lately in stores. I think the highlighter is a very flattering and fun look. Sometimes I put a sheer white shadow in the corners of my eyes to brighten them.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa