5/26/2010

Outfit Post and Modesty Recommendation: Date night

I've been on vacation all week - vacation at home, that is. So I haven't gotten around to posting. Tonight, however, I'm going out on a date with my husband and thought I would post this outfit to show what I do to make a halter dress modest (to my standards). Last time I wore this dress, I wore it like this. But this time, I decided to try something different. This dress (like most halter style dresses) is cut very low, but being it's 90 degrees outside, I didn't really want to add the extra layer of a shirt underneath. Instead I just added the scarf. I think it covers nicely without taking anything away from the dress.
Dress - Free People (thrifted) - $3
Scarf - thrifted - $.25
Bag - Target - $6
Wedges - JCPenney - $8
Hoop earrings - Premier Jewelry - $21

3 comments:

  1. Nic, What a great idea. When I make a mistake and wear something that I find out too late that it is uncomfortably low it wrecks my whole evening since I have to keep worrying about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a romantic look! Absolutely perfect color palette for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors together SO much!! And that is such a great clutch!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa