6/06/2010

Summer Hair Inspiration Part III

The last hairstyle In Style suggests for easy summer hair is the side fishtail braid that they showed Leona Lewis wearing.
I did mine on wet hair, so it wasn't as messy at first, but it got messier as my hair dried.
To create:
Pull hair to one side, but don't secure.
Divide into two even pieces.
Take small section of hair from under one of the pieces and wrap it over that section and under the other.
Repeat, alternating sides until the end.
Secure with a clear band, then gently massage braid to loosen.

If you find the fishtail braid too difficult, just braid using three uneven sections to give you a similar knotty effect.
Outfit:
Dress - Target - $19
Leather satchel - Eddie Bauer (thrifted) - $.50
Leather belt - thrifted - $1
Espadrilles - Target - $6
Earrings - gifted
Cuff bracelet - gifted

6 comments:

  1. wow, that is an awesome braid, your hair looks amazing! your outfit looks pretty fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has been trying to do this braid, i am giving your tips so maybe she can work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love this whole look. you look so fresh and breezy and like you thought about your look, but didn't lose any sleep over it. i bet this outfit would look great with a printed scarf or bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 06, 2010

    love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely! I love love love the braid but I tried and tried doing this and I cannot achieve it.

    Gotta try some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, I love this whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa