7/28/2010

Outfit Post: Summertime...when the living is easy...

I have the short man's syndrome. You may have never heard of it before, but it's as real as you and me...yeah, it *is* me. Lots of short people do all sorts of crazy things to compensate for their lack of height. I do the expected thing. I wear heels. Even two inches makes a world of difference when you're just barely five feet tall. Trust me. It can enable me to reach the sink to wash my hands! And frankly, I just can't bear to wear flats...that is except today...and even then, I feel I have to be on my tiptoes all day to be noticed. See, you just noticed me tiptoeing for this picture now, right?
Of course, I don't just overcompensate for my height by wearing heels - I also show off to the world that I'm so short I fit just right in a kiddie pool...
Or better yet, I'm so short, I could dive into a kiddie pool...
But on the whole, apart from wearing heels, I just try to compensate for my lack of height by being really really ridiculously good looking and taking pictures of myself every day...because I just look that good. Don't hate me because I'm short and beautiful.

T-shirt - Gap - $3
Shorts - J.Crew (via Ebay) - $4
T-strap rhinestone encrusted sandals - Ann Taylor Loft - $9
Hoop earrings - Premier Jewelry - $21

6 comments:

  1. Love the Zoolander reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tres tres short too, so I have such a hard time putting on flats! But I love little summer sandals like yours.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Christmas in July giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post, you are so funny, so fabulous and so...so...ridiculously good looking! love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, at least you ARE five feet tall.

    I'm not even. :)

    You ARE super cute! And if I had a good memory, I'm sure I could come up with another Zoolander quote but my memory stinks. So I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a crack-up, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa