8/16/2010

Outfit Post: Another Casual Summer Outfit

I have some really good reasons for wearing shorts today. #1 It's yet again another hot summer day, #2 I finished my first 10K this past weekend in 62 minutes and am very proud of my legs at the moment, and #3 I'm headed to the Kalahari Resort/water park today and thought this outfit would be dressy enough to check in, and casual enough for by the pool and as a swimsuit cover-up for the afternoon.
I bought this t-shirt a couple of sizes too large intentionally so I could wear it to lounge around the house, but unfortunately, found that the scoop neck was ridiculously low. Now I wear the shirt backwards and love the drapey effect.
I'm not liking the little tail I have in the back, but it gives the shirt the right lines in front and keeps everything in place.

I always wear turquoise with these shorts, because of the turquoise stitching on them. I love the charcoal background with the little accents of turquoise and had to bring that out by wearing the color on the shirt.

I know, I know, who would have thought there was so much info for this simple, silly little outfit!

I'm off to the water park now - my last hurrah for summer!

T-shirt - Gap - $3
Shorts - Target (Rogan for Target) - $7
Wedges - DSW (Michael) - $9
Necklace - thrifted - $1
Silver hoops - Target - $1

4 comments:

  1. Love that turquoise on you! So pretty!

    Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck... you ran a 10K in 62 minutes?! =) Good for you, girl! I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your run time, that's inspiring.

    We were going to go to Kalahari this weekend with friends but had to reschedule for a later date! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lookin' good, your legs ARE amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa