10/01/2010

Outfit Post: Sucking it in

This non-maternity top is a perfect size for me right now. The length and cut is exactly what I need for this stage in my pregnancy. I'm so glad I get to take advantage of these blousy/empire waisted styles for my pregnancy this time around! And just so you can see the cut of the top better, I have some better pics of it pre-pregnancy here.
On a side note, as I was working on some exercises today, I noticed that I'm still able to tuck in my stomach quite a bit...so really, all my belly shots are lies - I'm just showing off my extra food and loose muscles, not really the baby yet...ha ha!
All I have to do is relax my muscles, and voila! Fooled you, didn't I?

Top - Kohl's - $2
Sparkly shrug - thrifted - $1
Skinny jeans - H&M - $20
Hat - gifted
Earrings - gifted
Pumps - Target - $6

3 comments:

  1. You look great as always and I have to say that shade of green is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this because I am 9 weeks pregnant with twins and my belly is popping out like crazy, but I know it isn't baby bump belly yet because I can still suck it in! It's just loose muscles and extra food, but this is my first pregnancy, so I will take what I can get! :)

    Very cute outfit, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charla, my belly was poofing out right around 8 weeks! I was so embarrassed at first, but I keep hearing that the pregnancy hormones loosen your stomach muscles, and that's the reason for the pooch before the baby is big enough to be making you pooch. Oh the joys of pregnancy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa