11/28/2010

Food Post: Homemade flour tortillas

I grew up on homemade whole wheat flour tortillas, but must confess, since marriage, I have not made them myself.
We were having some friends over last night and I had a hankering for chicken burritos. We had no tortillas in the house so I decided to make some from scratch. Very simple to make, just a bit time consuming to roll out. The tortillas turned out great! Warm, yummy, fresh tortillas are the best! I used this recipe.
The filling was chipotle lime shredded chicken, black beans, corn, mozzarella, cream fraiche and lettuce. We also had a fabulous side dish of mexican rice that my friend brought over (I was told it was rice, chicken broth and a can of diced tomatoes with chilies)
Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa