1/23/2011

Outfit Post: Emerald Green

I got this beautiful cuff made from a vintage belt from my mother-in-law for Christmas, and have only now had a chance to wear it! My sister-in-law works at an antique store where she found the pieces, and made it herself. I think she should start a jewelry business and start making jewelry from the vintage pieces she finds.
My mother-in-law also found these great vintage earrings to go with the cuff. I just love the set!
Wishing I could wear these boots for more than just church - but unfortunately, I've been living in flats and slippers during the day and reserve heels only for events which only call for sitting.

I'm 31 weeks now and am starting to swell and get some edema in my legs. I have had morning sickness throughout the pregnancy, and it feels slightly worse now - although I don't throw up (thank goodness)! I'm certainly not looking forward to putting together outfits for the last weeks of this pregnancy, but I want to put my best face forward for my family and just focus on the excitement of a new little life in the house. Looking good even when you're feeling bad is a great way to keep a smile on your face and give you the energy to get up and go when you don't think you have anything left in you. Of course, my posts will definitely become more sparse, though, as I will need more down days of lounging on the couch in sweatpants when I'm really sick.

Almost done with my nursery projects. I just finished sanding the rocking chair that I plan on refinishing, and will hopefully get my rocking chair cushion pattern in the mail soon so I can work on getting them sewn in time for the baby!

Dress - Ann Taylor (thrifted) -$5
Sweater - JCPenney - $8
Boots - Courtesy of eBay
Jewelry - gifted



1 comment:

  1. Wow! It is very inspiring that you are still doing so much even though you are not feeling even close to 100%.
    PS the bracelet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa