1/11/2011

Outfit Post: Winter Wonderland

It's blizzarding out today, making me feel like I should have never gotten out of my pajamas this morning. I finally made it into sweatpants for my workout, but have been pretty much stumped since then trying to figure out what to wear before the hubby gets home (yes, I'm old fashioned like that and like to get dressed up for him).

I scoured the internet for inspiration on maternity fashion and found most of the looks to be unattainable for me. Like this one...doesn't Jessica Alba look stunning? And apparently she was just entering her third trimester in this picture. Sigh. I don't need a red carpet look, though, so I don't know why I'm so stuck on this photo.
Thanks to you readers, I was directed to some great blogs and found plenty of inspiration! Although now I'm really wishing for some long skinny legs and a longer torso so I can more easily pull off some of these looks. This is one of my favorite photos for inspiration from Quality Rivets. Doesn't Lena look so cool? I plan on borrowing some of the hubby's button down shirts and pulling out my fedora so I can copy her look.

For picking out my outfit for today, I noticed many of the maternity bloggers were just keeping things really comfortable with leggings or jeans and baggy tops, so I started with leggings and went from there. It's nothing exciting, but at least I got out of my sweatpants!

Isn't the snow beautiful?



And since the outside shots didn't really show the outfit...not that it really was exciting or anything...I also took some inside shots.

The top part of the dress/tunic is cable knit/cowl neck. It's cap sleeved, so I'm wearing a long sleeve black t-shirt underneath.


Dress - hand-me-down from sister-in-law
Leggings - Target - $3
Boots - JCPenney - $9
Necklace - F21 - gifted

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm so glad to find another stylish mommy to be, and we're only a week apart! Keep in touch, Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa