3/28/2011

Countdown: D-Day Has Arrived!

Since I only made it to 38 weeks for my first pregnancy, I was really wanting to make it all the way to 40 weeks for this one...and am so happy to say that we made it (with God's help, of course)! I am 40 weeks today! I'm feeling great, although I'm very sore from all the contractions I've already had this month. Since I'm a VBAC, I'm going to have to fight to not get induced next week if I still haven't gone into labor on my own by then, but with how good I'm feeling, I think I'll have the energy to put up the necessary fight and let my body go into labor on its own. So here's to hoping the next few days or weeks are productive and go by fast so we can meet our little girl soon!
 I was inspired by the gorgeous and chic: The Stylish Housewife, to wear my hair like this since today my plans are to get the house cleaned and the laundry done. If you want to try out the style, check out her quick and easy tutorial. Nothing like a good messy updo for housework!

15 comments:

  1. I adore that top! I'm so sorry you have a fight ahead of you, but it's great that you're feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you made it! Hoping little girl decides to make her appearance soon and no induction takes place! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, hope all goes the way you want.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! congrats on 40 weeks!!! i just can't get over how stylish you are and at 40 WEEKS! i fit in one thing and it was a stretchy black skirt that i wore like every day for the last month of my pregnancy! hahahah.

    i LOVE the bun! i am SO thrilled that you tried it and thank you for sharing my tutorial with your readers. you are too sweet!

    ~xo
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't normally post, but you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so fabulous! So happy you made it to 40wks too! Here's to hoping baby comes soon and you don't have to fight to not be induced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the well wishes! And Jenn...so glad you had the hair tutorial for me to post - I've been wanting to try something different with my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went into labor on midnite of my due date, hope that happens for you too! YEA you are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl! :) I am so proud of you. You've handled this pregnancy so well and you're still looking amazing at 40 weeks. Praying things go well over the next days/weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl! Congratulations on reaching 40 weeks and looking so fabulous! I am very proud of you for keeping such a healthy/upbeat/encouraging attitude through the last 9..err 10 months. :) Praying the next few days/weeks go well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Sarah!

    Marie - I sure do hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still gorgeous! I hope your sister will post when there's time to make an announcement. I just became an aunt yesterday, baby arrived right on schedule.

    I wish a wonderful transition to a 2-child family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks great like that and I love that top.
    Good luck with the next few days, hope the baby doesn't keep you hanging on too long!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wooo! Here's to hoping the little gal comes super soon! You look great...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Pamela, I'll ask Missi to post something when the baby is born, that's a good idea - maybe it will make her start posting again, too!

    @ Shoegal, Thanks so much - I hope I don't go past a week, but it runs in my family to be late, so I'm trying not to hold my breath!

    @ Megan, thanks so much! Looks like we will both be having April babies!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa