6/06/2012

Outfit Post: Rome





I decided to check my bag while we were on our long layover in Berlin on the last leg of our flight to Rome so that I wouldn't have to drag my carry-on all over the city of Berlin. Big mistake. The luggage went straight to Dublin instead of Rome. So all the "amazing" outfits I had planned for the first five days of my trip didn't happen. Thankfully, I had grabbed from my carry-on a second white t-shirt and a second pair of underwear for in case my luggage didn't come. I also had a pair of flat sandals for walking in my purse, plus all my make-up and a toothbrush...so at least my face was always done up and I had some walking shoes even if I was wearing the same outfit each day! lol!

For my first full day in Rome, I wore the same t-shirt (that I had hand washed the night before) and borrowed my friend's shorts.

These sandals I'm wearing are AMAZING. My feet felt great even though we walked entire days every day we were in Italy. The sandals held up through rain, cobblestones, dirt, stairs, dirty feet, and looked great with every thing I wore from dresses and shorts, to jeans. My feet never hurt at all! Now I spent quite a bit of money on them (for me). They were normally $260 and I got them on sale for $59 from Endless. They are Cynthia Vincent sandals, so the quality is top notch. Leather upper and lined and high quality grommets for the buckles.

My brother (in the Brazil t-shirt), best friend, and of course my husband were all with me for the trip. It was INCREDIBLE! I hope we get to go back some day.

1 comment:

  1. I think you look fabulous! You really handled the loss of your bag well! Good job packing a few essentials in your hand bag!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa