8/19/2012

Speaking of Costumey...

 I'm guessing this dress is an early 70's dress since the cut of it is so close to what my Mom wore for her 1970's wedding. She was married in 1978, but I'm guessing this dress was from a few years before that, only because this looks even more antiquated than my mother's wedding gown. But who knows! I've already started work on it and can't wait to show you the finished product!

This dress has crinoline underneath (lots of tulle). Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to do away with it because it adds too much bulk right at the hips. If the skirt was A-line I would keep it and show it off some, but the skirt is so bell shaped, I think I'm going to have to get rid of it. I picture this as a late 60's dress, since it looks closer to the straight evening gowns you would see on Jackie O. But again, I'm no expert.

What time period would you say these two dresses are?


1 comment:

  1. These are such pretty dresses. I think with your great vision for refashioning, they are going to be beautiful. I don't think you should give up on that second dress. It really doesn't add all that much volume. I can see it as a gorgeous party/event dress...minus the bow and many inches off the bottom.

    Can't wait to see what you have done with them.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa