9/06/2012

Boyfriend Jeans and The Color Mint

I went through this stage in my life where I avoided all trends because I didn't want to be one of the crowd--choosing something just because it was the popular thing to do. Since then I've decided that a little bit of trend can go a long way in making you look like a modern, relevant person in today's society. My take is that you just have to pick and choose which trend works best for your style and then make sure you don't invest in it so you're money isn't wasted when the trend dies out in a shorter time than expected.
 
For instance, I bought these jeans a few years ago on eBay for only 99 cents. Blowing only pennies on a pair of jeans that will go out of fashion (and arguably already on its way out) is my guilt free way of following a trend.
 
I have always liked the color mint, but it was a very uncommon color to find until now. I would even invest in the color as long as the cut was classic. However, I was lucky to snag this top at a Goodwill sale for only $1.50. If the color becomes outdated next year or doesn't work as a fall/winter color, who cares!
 


What trends have you followed this year, and which do you plan to follow? Will or have you plunked down a lot of money for it, or will you experiment first?
 
Top - Ann Taylor LOFT (linen/rayon blend and lined - so dreamy!) - $1.50
Jeans - J.Crew - $.99
Espadrilles - Target - $8
Necklace -gifted
 


4 comments:

  1. It took me years, but I bought a pair of skinny jeans on clearance. I have worn them a couple times, and made some really smashing outfits--but then it got unbearably hot and I spent the rest of the summer in cut off shorts :P I suspect the skinnies will come out again this fall, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best luck at thrift stores! I can never find anything good. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do not like the floral pants that are so 'in' right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I invest more in makeup trends then clothes. I love buying a statement color eye shadow or nail polish that I know won't be popular for long. Doesn't cost as much and makes me feel fabulous:)

    I think your so smart to get your trendy pieces at such a steal, even if you only wore those pants or that top once, who cares, you put so little into it! I've done that with shoes before at Target, if they are $5 or less, who cares if they are only popular for a season;) love your style girl and your amazing finds at thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa