10/21/2012

Glinda

 
When I first saw this vintage pink gown from Goodwill that I found a little while ago, I thought of Glinda from The Wizard of Oz. It doesn't have the bling, but it has the pale pink, the princess waist and the sheer overlay over the pink. Close enough for an easy costume. I found the puffed sleeves in my mother-in-law's costume chest, pulled out two rhinestone chokers for the necklace, blinged up my son's sword for the wand (by just draping bracelets over the sword's handle), and made myself a Glinda crown with some old posterboard we had laying around. Voila! I'm Glinda!


There are super cool how-to's online for how to make a Glinda crown, but I only had ten minutes and the supplies I could find around my house. The posterboard is actually one of my son's old posters. I used earrings I already had and poked them through the cardboard to bling up the crown. The picture doesn't show it, but I also used some glitter glue. I just used staples and a smaller strip of cardboard to tighten the back of the crown to adjust to my size head. My mother-in-law had an old tiara that I just wore over the crown, to which I attached a brooch I already had to give it a focal point.
 
Here are some great how-to's if you're interested in something that looks a lot prettier!


1 comment:

  1. Adorable. What a wonderful costume choice. You have such a wonderful imagination. You could glue some swarovski crystals to that dress for some bling if you are missing it....but you certainly don't need to.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa