6/23/2013

Mother Daughter Peach

I love pale nude or blush colors. There's something so soft and feminine about them. When I found this Gap dress for my daughter at a garage sale a few weeks ago, I immediately fell in love with it. I think the peach tones look so pretty with her golden colored hair.




 
Decided to match my daughter today and wear a peachy/flesh toned dress myself - complete with peachy pink jewelry.

Originally the dress was too large, so I just tacked up the shoulder/arm seams with pins and then stitched a new seam taking off about four inches. The waist now hits where it should and the skirt drapes smoothly over my bump.


 
Two people at church today asked me if I was expecting. They only now noticed? lol! I was so tempted to look shocked and say no. I contained my sarcasm and assured them their guess was correct because I'm sweet like that.

Dress - BCBG MaxAzria - hand-me-down and altered by me
Pearl bracelets - F21 - gifted
Belt gold cuff - hand-me-down
Jeweled bracelet - vintage - gifted
Nude pumps - Vince Camuto via Dillard's - gifted
Earrings - gifted

1 comment:

  1. love those colors on you and Cassie! So feminine and pretty!!
    love the dress too! you did a great job altering it.
    See you only now look pregnant;)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa