11/22/2013

Five Weeks Postpartum

I'm feeling like I really do have my hands full these days. Capri is getting old enough that she isn't sleeping all day long and wants to be with her mommy. Unfortunately, I can't just sit on the couch and ooh and ah at her all day while I keep her cradled in my arms. I have dishes to do, meals to make, groceries to purchase, a two year old that needs help getting dressed and fed still, and an older child that I have to take to karate twice a week, and homeschool. Yesterday I tried using the sling and it definitely helped.
 

Oh but I wish I could sit on the couch all day and just look at this sweet face. She is cooing and smiling now - I'm totally smitten and can't get enough of her.
 

 
So now for the outfit of the day. Salmon colored camouflage pants. Yes, that's right. Dressing my postpartum body has been tricky for me with each pregnancy, and this one is no different. I'm tired of leggings, but still can't squeeze myself in my old jeans. I haven't scored at Goodwill lately, so I went to Gap and found a whole rack of pants on finale sale for $5.97 that were buy one get one 50% off. The catch? The pants were various shades of bright prints.

 
My next outfit posts will probably be featuring some pretty flashy pants. I like to wear bright colors, but not necessarily bright prints. And definitely not a pants version of bright prints! But in my book, it's worth it. I get to wear something new that actually fits and for less than the price of what I could get at Goodwill. And seriously, who wouldn't want to wear a pair of salmon colored camouflage pants?

Jacket - Hydraulic
Jeans - Gap - $5
Clogs - Dana Buchanan
Hat - American Eagle
Top - JCPenney