12/23/2013

Holiday Dressing

My husband had a holiday work event that we attended yesterday. We went straight from church, to the grandparents to drop off the older two kids, and then after a visit with the rents, off to the work party.

I wore this blazer, black cami, knit pencil skirt, and boots to church.

Blazer/Jones New York thrifted for $3
Cami/Merona free hand-me-down
Cuff bracelet and watch were gifts
Skirt/Old Navy $5.99
Boots by Jessica Simpson c/o eBay




For the party, I switched out the blazer for this vintage, silk, sparkly blouse that I found at Goodwill for $3 last year. I switched out my diaper bag for this muffler from Banana Republic that I got on clearance for $7 over a year ago. The muffler has a little zipper pouch large enough for my phone and lipstick. I also stuck two diapers and a small pouch of wipes in between the muffler.

It felt great not to have to lug a diaper bag around. I wouldn't have needed the full diaper bag anyway. All night all I needed for Capri was one diaper!






And in case you missed it . . . we did our family Christmas early and my husband's gift to me was a MacBook Pro! I'm so excited!

Today I will be running errands, finishing up laundry, cleaning the house, taking Capri to her well baby check-up, my son CJ to his karate lesson, and getting the packing started. Tomorrow we'll be celebrating Christmas Eve with Chris's family and at our church. Christmas Day will be spent with my grandparents and brother in Michigan, and the day after Christmas we'll be flying out to Anchorage to spend the week with my parents and my siblings. With all this going on, I won't be blogging for a couple of weeks. So until then . . .

May you all be blessed this Christmas season as you reflect on the past year and look forward to the year ahead! May you take time to remember the reason for the season and praise God for His gift - the most precious of all.