4/18/2014

By The River

We're headed up North today to see my family for Easter. I'm definitely looking forward to celebrating with them!

CJ and I have been going over the Easter story for our Bible study lessons each morning for the past couple of weeks. Watching him get excited because he truly understands this holiday has me more than ever excited about celebrating this weekend. This is also the first year that I've ever given up something for Lent, which has kept the importance of Easter at the forefront of my mind these past 38 days.




The river has only recently thawed out. It was still iced over in mid-March, which as I'm writing this was only a few weeks ago. That's how cold it has been here this Winter. The water was as brown and ugly as ever, but I am so happy to see it running without any traces of ice or snow anywhere. And look at all that green grass! Could it be that Spring has finally sprung?

With Spring finally here I'm getting excited about working outside. I didn't do hardly any work on the yard last summer due to my pregnancy, but this year will be different. I'm looking forward to mowing, weeding, and planting.

And all the running I've been able to do outside now - especially with the kids! Glorious!

Happy Spring folks and have a glorious Easter weekend!

Blouse - Goodwill - $3 (Similar)
Coated jeans - Gap - $10
Slingback heels - Steve Madden - hand-me-down from my Mom (Similar)
Peter pan collar necklace - Charming Charlie's - $2.99 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa