8/25/2014

CHICKEN AND SPINACH BURGERS FOR WHOLE 30

I've now made it a little over two weeks on the Whole 30 plan. I have to admit this diet has been really hard for me. Cutting out my favorite food groups has not been easy. I've been trying to get more creative with our meal planning to give me incentive to keep going strong, and this is one of the easy meals I put together for us last week that turned out really tasty.




Our drink was just a little grapefruit and lime squeezed into water.



The tomato salad was just chopped up tomatoes, cucumbers, purple onions, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeƱo. I squeezed a lime over it and added salt and dill weed to taste. I also added leftover salad dressing that I shared in this previous post.


The recipe for the Chicken Spinach Burgers is as follows:

Mix together

1 lb ground chicken
2 c chopped fresh spinach
1/2 c cooked and mashed sweet potato
1 egg
1/2 t salt

Mold into patties and then cook in about 2T of coconut oil about 5-7 minutes each side. Serve with homemade mayo or (my favorite) a potato/garlic mash (mashed potatoes blended with garlic, salt, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and olive oil).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa