11/23/2015

This Old House

We accepted an offer on our house a week ago. Closing is set for the end of the year and then we have two weeks after that to move out. 

I had a hard time in the beginning with Chris's vision, especially when I saw my house turn into pretty much exactly what I wanted and then had to put it up on the market. But I'm ready now. It's not that I'm happy to see it go, but I'm ready to stop having to show it, I'm ready to stop worrying about whether it will sell, and I'm ready to try something new. 

When we first accepted the offer, I was so excited. While I'm still pleased with selling the house, reality has sunk in and the fear of where we're going next, if it will be something I can stand or not, and if it will be available when we need it, definitely scares me. We may have to rent for a while before we find the "deal" we're looking for. That means more moving and a continued sense of unsettlement. 

I think what is hardest right now is looking at homes that I know we could afford and that I love, but knowing that Chris won't even consider them because he is interested in investments only.

But Chris is smart. This endeavor may sound so impractical right now with four kids, but I know he has vision and if I don't follow him on this now, I'll regret it later. Praying for God's peace, for the right place to come along, for wisdom in making these scary risky decisions, and for trust. 

Posting these random photos of some of my favorite spots in our house . . .





Our yellow house has since been painted from the time this photo was taken.



The nursery has a new ceiling and fan since this photo has been taken.







We now have a swingset here in the backyard - that is coming with us no matter where we move!





Oh how Chris will miss that hot tub!















Awww...such sweet memories here!

9 comments:

  1. I feel kind of sad *for you* that you have to leave this behind . . . and sad that I don't live in your town so that I could've been the one to buy it. :-P But I so appreciate/respect your attitude and your (subdued) excitement for the next opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful pictures, but I know wherever you end up will be the same ! Best wishes on your search for a new space ! :D

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, your house is gorgeous!! I love the way you decorated it... and pray you'll have a smooth transition when you move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is beautiful, but it is just that - a house. A home is where your family is, and they go with you to the next place. Good luck moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Thanks for the good reminder!

      Delete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa