4/14/2018

Cassi Turns 7

Two months ago Cassi and I started planning out the perfect party. She wanted a "puppy" party, which means she wanted all her friends to "adopt-a-puppy" using toy stuffed puppies. We got everything all decided on and then crammed the whole prep in last night. We're talking to 3:30 AM. Since I had been up since 5AM that morning, I was only 90 minutes away from pulling a 24 hour day. 

And then this morning, she woke up acting a little somber. She got sick about an hour later, and then frequently after that until the early afternoon. Poor baby. We had to reschedule everything and she stayed curled up on the couch fighting back tears as she watched me put away all the party games and food. I was heartbroken for her. 


Thankfully, by dinner time she was feeling pretty fine. She ate dinner, kept it down, and said she wanted to blow out her candles and have cake too! It's her birthday, so of course I let her.


She even got out of her PJs so I could take some birthday photos of her.


This girl started out as a toddler so sassy and spunky, and while she can still be sarcastic and witty, her sass has turned to just a joke here and there and her spunk comes out when she likes to run around and play with her big brother, never caring when they wrestle and she gets hurt. She brushes it off because she's tough and gets up to try again.


She's my sweet, gentle girl. She takes care of her sisters, she loves to read, she loves to craft, she loves almost every shade of blue, she loves to please her parents, and she's learning so much about God and how to love Him.


Cassi, I am so proud of the little lady you are becoming. I am proud that you never give up, that you always try hard and give it your best (something I get to witness every week at your gymnastics class), that you make friends easily due to your kindness and keep those friends due to your genuine care of them.


I pray that you continue to work hard, never give up, and continue to discover exactly who you are and what you love. You are unique. You are loved. You are God's girl. You can do anything that you put your mind to.








Happy Birthday Cassandra Rose! We love you to the moon and back!
-Love, Dad and Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa