6/13/2007

Texture and Shine

I have chin length, slightly layered hair. I usual flat iron it to give me very straight styles, though sometimes I'll flip out the ends and/or turn them in, depending on my mood. Regardless of my style, though, I do want texture without being too funky, since, after all...I am a Mom.

My stylist recommended I use "Being Undressed" by RUSK. I like it. It keeps my hair nice and shiny without looking overly glossy, greasy or leaving me with "crunchy" hair. However, the goal of my RUSK product is not to give me crazy texture or a lot of scuplting ability, and it's a little too expensive for my budget.
So last night, while shopping at Target, I decided to check out Pantene's new styling products. The price is doable and the results are awesome! The "Texture and Shine Defining Pomade" does exactly what it says it does. I just used a pea-sized amount and ran it through my freshly styled hair. It gave me more texture and shine then my previous brand I used ever did, while still leaving my hair non-greasy and non-crunchy! I'm so excited about it!

If you have short to medium hair with layers, you definitely should try this (if you haven't already). Even if you aren't planning on styling your hair, I'd recommend running a bit through your hair after a blow dry or after the second day of unwashed hair to give yourself a nice healthy looking shine.

2 comments:

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa