8/13/2007

Like it?

I have mixed emotions concerning the Fall trend of the cropped jacket. I can't decide if I think it is totally adorable or a piece that should only be worn by expecting mothers. If worn wrong, you can really look...dowdy.I think a lot depends on the cut, and there are many styles out there for sure. I personally love the white jacket above worn by Christina Ricci. It's clean, crisp and looks great with those skinny jeans (which I normally hate).A similar cut with a heavier material is this navy blue beauty. I like how the sleeves and the length of the jacket fall at the same spot giving this jacket more of an old fashion wrap feel.

This casual jacket is my favorite. I love the flattering length of the sleeves, especially with a tight long sleeve underneath and the empire cut is very flattering.

What do you think of this jacket? Do you like it?

2 comments:

  1. I think that as long as you were "skinny" clothes under and on the bottom, that you can get away with the bulk on top...and you also need to accessorize it well so that you keep it in "the now" look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for me, because of where it falls on the waistline, it would make my butt look big(er) if I didn't carefully pair the jacket w/the right outfit...but they are a cute throw back to some darling Doris Day outfits I love!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa