4/30/2008

Warming Up a Spring Dress

I love this dress! It's probably my most favorite dress of all the dresses I've ever owned! I love how it swirls, how parts of it are sheer, and how the buttons look like little crystals!

Unfortunately, it's a bit too cold out to wear it just by itself, so I added the tights and some accessories to warm it up . Not too sure if I'm going to wear the brown wedges with the belt or the nude pumps yet. Let me know what you think (belt or no belt)!

For more looks with colored tights and springy dresses check it out here.


Jovovich-Hawk dress - Target - $19.99
Teal crochet tights - Target - $5.99
Teal beaded necklace and earring set - Kohl's - $1.40

Trying it with a brown leather belt and brown leather wedge sandals (belt from Gap long ago), sandals from Target ($6.24)
Adding the bronze sparkly clutch (H&M - gifted)


Trying it with nude peep toe platform pumps (Target -$3.74)


Since I'm going to be wearing it tonight, I had to see if it matched my Nordstroms winter white wool coat (gifted).

9 comments:

  1. I bet the brown belt would look good over the coat...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go with the belt it'll tie the dress in with the shoes and dark tights...

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://domesticatedsophisticate.blogspot.com/search/label/colored%20tights

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the dress! I think I may be too old for the dark tights w/ spring dress though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so anthropologie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On second thoughts... I almost think you need a slightly different belt. Something a little wider? Or maybe just with a non metal buckle? It's a great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - I didn't mean that the tights and dress don't go, what I meant was it brings the dress in with the shoes by adding brown with the blue and white since you've got the blue jewelry that goes with teh blue tights, etc. Sorry if that was confusing. But the dress does look good without the belt too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 03, 2008

    I think it is best without the belt and with the nude pumps, however with the tights the other shoes work maybe a litle better. But i absolutely love the dress!!!!!!!
    -Li

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the advice! My Mom is laughing at my ensemble, but I had fun wearing it and at least kept warm. Not sure if I would wear something like this again, though. Next time I'll just wear the dress plain. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa