7/02/2008

Before I throw this away...

I was shopping downtown this past weekend and came across dress after dress that I loved but wasn't on super clearance...I finally came across a store that had dresses for $9.99! Instead of buying something because I absolutely loved it, I bought this dress on impulse because it was cheap. That was my first mistake. My second mistake was not wearing an apron while I cooked and washed the dishes the first time I wore this dress...hence, all the grease spots!!

Before I throw this dress away (because of the grease stains) do any of you have any ideas on how to cover grease stains, or even get rid of them? Should I try dying it? Or would the grease stain still exist, just in a different color? I tried a spot cleaner and then washed the dress, but as you can see, it didn't work. :-(

And yes, I just got out of the shower, so my hair is still wet and I have no make-up on so my face is super shiny!

I'm thinking this was a big waste of $10! :-(

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 02, 2008

    I don't know anything about taking out stains, but i don't think the dress is all that bad, actually i think its kinda cute.
    -Li

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a cute color on you. You could try the Orange scrub that N has used to take grease off his skin when working on the car, etc. I think C has used it too. Anyways, I've used this orange stuff to take grease out of clothing before. It's worth a shot if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If someone knows the cure for grease stains I think we'd all like to know, since anyone who has ever cooked with oil I'm sure has these stains on one or more of their clothes. I know I do! Cute dress, even if you only got to wear it out once it's not a waste of money...not for $10! lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 02, 2008

    That dress is adorable! Hopefully someone has an idea that can help you salvage it. While I don't have any of my own I googled it and found this site filled with lots of them: http://members.tripod.com/~Barefoot_Lass/grease.html

    You look super cute, especially for just getting out of the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that Dawn Dishwashing soap usually does the trick. However, if you've already washed it I'm not sure it it'll still work.
    Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try Shout spray, it's always worked for me. I get lots of grease stains.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa