7/21/2008

Sundress

I love my new sundress! I've been wanting this one for quite some time now, too. It is a very casual dress, but I can dress it up pretty easy with these gold accessories. I'm just going to pick up some things at the office and then go grocery shopping and thrift shopping, so I have no real reason to dress up this dress, but it's fun anyhow. :-)
Dress - H&M - $10
Belt - Kohl's - $3.50
Shoes - Target - $5.74
Medallion earrings - gifted

As you've noticed, I've been wearing a lot of belts lately with my dresses. Most belts I have, though, are for jeans, so they fit on my hips and not on my waist. I think I've posted before about how I use a pocketknife to cut a hole in the belt to make the belt smaller...but the picture above also shows how I just use a hair band to keep the excess belt slack in place.

6 comments:

  1. I really love this dress on you, the color is so good as well! I also think the gold belt and shoes give it just enough dress up without over doing it. Those shoes are really cute.

    I never thought of keeping excess belt from hanging in the air by securing it with a hair band. Genius! lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 21, 2008

    The clear hair elastics work really well too for holding belts in place without anyone noticing. Great dress! You are always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 21, 2008

    As i said before i am simply in love with this dress and everything you do to it is great!
    -Li

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that with a hair band too!
    Great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you accessorized the dress. I always have to poke holes in my belts too :)

    You've been tagged for a 2008 Premio award. See my blog for details.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I poke holes in my belts too. Or rather I used to. I cut two belts this summer! So, when I had shoes that needed a new heel, I grabbed ALL my belts and took them to the shoe-repair guy. Extra holes in all of them AND all my sandals and he didn't charge me because it took like 3 seconds and I already was paying good money for the shoes.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa