7/31/2008

Yesterday

Yesterday was so frustrating. I didn't feel like dressing nice at all, so I figured I'd be classic and wear my clamdiggers and a t-shirt with sandals. I was cool in the morning so I wore this mustard cardigan.
After I took this picture, though, I felt this outfit looked dumb. The cardigan is just not a good cut for my body type. So I took a picture without the cardigan.
I felt too short and dowdy in these flats, and thought the t-shirt was too tight, so I changed again and put my hair up in a side low bun.
I ended up wearing this because at least the wedges gave me some height, and the tank top was not too tight.

So much for trying to keep things simple - I can't believe I spent all that time, only to come up with this. Grrr...

I'm not convinced that clamdiggers and bermudas look good on me unless I wear heels. I'm just too short to pull it off. I need short shorts or pants. Or that's my opinion at least.

Well anyhow...

Turquoise t-shirt - hand-me-down (top picture)
Mustard cardigan - Target - $6.74 (top picture)
Thong faux leather sandals - Target - $3.74 (top and middle picture)
Tank - Banana Republic - $6.99
Clamdiggers - Gap (shortened by me) - $9.99
Leather belt - Gap - $24.50 (I think)
Leather wedges - Off Broadway Shoes (B.O.C.) - $19.99
Pink shell dangly earrings - gifted

5 comments:

  1. I think the first outfit is the best one:)it looks more stylish and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the jacket in the first one as well. Maybe ad your wedges with the first outfit:) All of them are cute and casual though, I think they all look good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 31, 2008

    The clamdiggers/ bermudas would look great on you...but i would go with more of a trouser cut short that wasn't so tight. That way it would slim your legs as the fabric skims over them, rather than hugging at your hips. I'm a hippy girl so I have that problem if I go too tight in my shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shelly for the advice - I think you're right...although, I do have a pair of trouser cut bermudas, one in denim and the other in seersucker and I still dislike the look for me. I guess I'll keep trying - maybe I just haven't found the right cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mustard cardi is fine, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa