10/12/2008

My New Dress

While out running errands yesterday I had to stop by Ann Taylor Loft to check out there 60% off sale. It was pretty early and no one else seemed to be out. So I had the sales ladies full attention. One lady, in particular took it upon herself to dress me. She kept suggesting outfits and tops and shirts, but all of them were full price (I never buy full price, lol). She finally caught on that I was only interested in sales so she pulled out this Emerald green dress and said "this color would look very nice on you, I really think you should try this on". So. I did.

She told me it would look best if I could wear a black sweater belted over the sleeveless dress and "pair it with tall boots". Well, I don't have tall boots, but I did find a sweater on sale at Kohls. So, here is my new outfit.

Black sweater by Daisy Fuentes $24
Emerald dress ~ Ann Taylor loft $49
Diamond Earrings ~ Gifted
Black T-Strap pumps by Ellemenno ~ $?
The belt came with the dress

10 comments:

  1. Amazing dress! How fun to have a saleslady pick out clothes for you! That dress looks like it would work all year, too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once a saleslady that is honest - the dress loks great on your and the black sweater sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get sales lady who actually try to "Sell" me on things. It's so nice when they do, it makes you feel important and special. And gives you a different perspective, and when you are like me and never get to shop (or rarely) with a girlfriend that can be difficult.
    The gal was like a size "0" too and yet I feel like she only picked styles that would work on my figure. Sometimes I wish I was a sales lady so I could help people pick out nice outfits too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is fantastic! I love the color and those shoes totally work well with also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duper sexy! Love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color on you -- and it looks very classy on you. What fun that she had some suggestions and didn't stick to what she was supposed to sell - that's great customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i never but full price either. that's a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! I love that outfit on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! I think they have a quick spread in this month's lucky with a outfit similar to this one. A beautiful green dress with black jacket or cardigan. Of course their outfit was wayyy overpriced. You did the exact same sharp look for under $100!! Thats what I'm taking about!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa