11/14/2008

Channeling J.Crew

I saw this picture in my most recent J.Crew catalog and realized that I had some very similar items in my closet, and should probably give it a try...

So yeah, not quite the coolest of color mix, and also not quite so thin and leggy - but the same idea at least.

My husband told me last night that not only did he like the jeans I wore yesterday paired with what I had picked out for it, but he particularly liked my shoes. Go figure!

So, why not wear the shoes again?


Puffer vest - J.Crew - $19.99
Corduroy bootcuts - American Eagle - $9.99
Platform sandals - Old Navy - $9
White t - gifted
Cuff bracelet - Claire's - $1
Medallion earrings - gifted
Scarf - Target - $6.48

9 comments:

  1. love it! I want a puffer vest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies might be interested in this site... it has helped me a lot in finding the right styles for myself. www.closetcouture.com. You can take pics of your own clothes, find similar clothes from their files and retailers and make wishlists and then create outfits and even packing lists.

    Sailee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your version alot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! The model in the JCrew pic is freakishly skinny... you look much more "normal" in your version of the outfit! You're a real woman and you are beautiful that way!

    The little twig in the other pic looks gross! LOL! Realistically, she wouldn't be able to climb up that mountain to take that pic! She needs to eat something - a nutra-grain bar or SOMETHING! :-P

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now I want a vest -- you look super cute and just as nice as any model.

    Besides, as women we shouldn't waste our time comparing ourselves to eachother or some unrealistic ideal (tho I know it's hard not to)...we should all celebrate our innate beauty so we can embrace styles that compliment each individual best -- which you and your sister both do EXTREMELY well, I might add :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't like the model and her look at all but you look wonderful in your version of it. She looked very contrived and even goofy with the puffer vest and the colored dress shoes. You look swell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, that model is kind of freaking me out. :-0 Maybe lets buy her a sandwich.

    Love your version!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look WAAAAYYYY better than the model. She needs a cheeseburger! You look healthy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you pulled it off well. adding your own spin to a look is the best.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa