11/23/2008

Wishing I had an occasion to wear this...

My aunt passed down to me this vintage, sequined gown from Saks Fifth Avenue. She bought it to go to a gala to meet Jimmy Stewart. Later she wore it to the 1991 Academy Awards (the year Madonna sang live). I was hoping that the annual Christmas party the company I work for holds would be appropriate for me to wear this to, but the invite says "semi-formal or festive attire." I would definitely be overdressed in this! It's too bad since sequins are so fashionable this season.

I'm also wearing vintage gold earrings that my grandmother passed down to me. Wish you could see them better in this picture, because they really are lovely.

8 comments:

  1. O-M-G -- that dress is absolutely stunning...you are breathtaking! Wow, ok, you HAVE to find some reason, some place to wear that -- it deserves to be seen :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Semi-Formal does mean "black-tie optional" -- so maybe it's still ok?) If not, that's too bad! What a fun dress and love the shrug with it. It's a good compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throw your own party (New Year's Eve?) and indicate "formal attire optional" on the invitation. That way, people can wear what they're comfortable in and you can wear that dress without feeling weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is really beautiful! I left you something on my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is definitely stunning! You have got to find a place to wear it, especially with the history the dress has! Maybe a fancy New Year's Eve party?? Love the sequins and the cap sleeves! So cool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that dress was in the presence of Jimmy Stewart! :-P I have always had a secret crush on him... I'm into the tall, lanky, old timey guys... :-P

    (funny, my husband is nothing like that... uh oh! Hahah!)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!!! That dress is absolutely and fantasticaly fabulous! i say host a dinner party so that you get to wear the dress..

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa