12/03/2008

Cookie Exchange

I'm having a cookie exchange this afternoon with some friends and have been baking cookies all morning. They smell so good!

Everyone always says to layer your shirts, but for short/curvy people, it can be tricky. I'm obviously not doing it properly for my figure since this sweater is all bunched up in the middle now because I have a tank top underneath. I could have fixed it right for the picture, but this is what happens throughout the day as I walk. Everything rides up and bunches around the middle. So annoying. At least I stay warm, though!

Brown sweater - H&M - $5
Green tank - Kohl's - $4
Denim skirt - Gap - $9
Brown tights - Target (little girl's section where they are cheaper) - $2
Suede boots - Aerosoles - $29
Gold chain with pearls - thrifted - $1

5 comments:

  1. I have been admiring your suede boots, are they comfortable? Is the toe pointy or round? I saw some on thier web site but couldnt tell if they were the same as yours. By the way the layers look cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean... unless my layers are super thin and clingy, it all gets so bunchy around my wait I end up looking frumpy... but the layers really look good on you!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, happens to all curvy people, short, tall, or medium like me, lol. But I think that's actually kinda part of the look...to be a bit casual and, well, rumpled.

    Of course you can always try and incorporate more faux layered pieces if you are really uncomfortable -- they are great since they don't add bulk & stay put, but still add interest to an outfit.

    Either way, I love this look on you -- I'm a big fan of brown & green and that denim skirt fits you perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know what you mean about the layering. I personally get very frusturated with layering sometimes because it can be so fussy and uncomfortable...

    I really really love those boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh great cookie exchange outfit...and aerosoles..who knew? Great boots!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa