1/03/2009

Copying J.Crew

It's been a completely free day and we decided to just do whatever we feel like. After we got back from running some errands, I found my new J.Crew catalog arrived and was inspired by their spring fashions.

While perusing the catalog and clipping out photos I particularly appreciated, I decided that I had a lot of these looks already in my closet and thought I'd try out a few and post them here...



White crewneck t-shirt - F21 - $3.50
Red beads - Express - free with purchase
Silver skirt - Old Navy - $4.49
Red patent peeptoe pumps - Target - $6.74
Silver skinny belt - gifted from Christmas
Jean jacket - gifted



Herringbone newsboy cap - gifted
White crewneck t-shirt - F21 - $3.50
Black pencil skirt - thrifted - $6 or 7, I forget
Nude peeptoe pumps - Target - $6.74



Cream top with gathering at the scoop neckline - Elle for Kohls - gifted from Christmas
Corduroy pants - J.Crew outlet store - $14.99
Nude peeptoe pumps - Target - $6.74
Chain/pearl necklace - thrifted - $1
Red bead necklace - Express - free with purchase
Pearl brooch necklace - thrifted - $2



Cardigan - BCBG (thrifted) - $4
Faux gem necklace - Kohl's - $1
Chain/pearl necklace - thrifted - $1
Chain necklace - JCPenney - $.50
Pencil skirt - Banana Republic (thrifted) - $4
Graphic t-shirt - Express - $7

13 comments:

  1. OH, what a fun post!! I especially like the middle two pictures! You really were able to capture the styles with the pieces you have. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I have been "lurking" on your blog for a while now, but I have to say, I think these are some of your best looks! I love the one with the red pants, and the black pencil skirt was dead on!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your looks are SO MUCH CUTER than J. Crews! I love how made it your own. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I particularly like the second one. I might have to dig out the Next catalogue and see what they have in there for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are SPOT ON! You totally got the style down! It makes me want to browse through magazines just to see if I have anything I could imitate with my wardrobe too!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun pics! You did a great job recreating your version of each outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I love how you were able to shop your stash for all of these looks. The pics and your poses are too cute. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well done. Even the hair and hat! Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FANTASTIC! I always love finding inspiration in the JCrew catalog, but dang, you really nailed these looks! Awesome - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is ao utterly fab! I love this post. You really nailed those looks. I love #2 in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love all your looks!!..great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just catching up on your blog (got busy) and have to say this is SOOOOO cute -- how fun that you managed to do your own (and better!) version of all these looks!

    Totally neat :D

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa