4/11/2009

Addressing an anonymous comment...

I just felt I should address something from my "Good Friday" post...

Someone left a comment suggesting that it was not appropriate for me to be going out on Good Friday (I had posted on Friday that I was going out and was excited about it). I am sorry that it came across the wrong way to that person - or to any of you! That was certainly not my intention. I am a Christian, and feel, like most Christians, that Good Friday should be a day that we set aside for Christ to remember and honor Jesus' sacrifice for us.

After spending time in reverence for the day, my husband wanted us all to dress nice and go out to dinner (our church does not have a Good Friday service). I was excited about Easter weekend, and glad my husband wanted to start our celebration of Christ's resurrection early.

This weekend is very important to me and I wish to honor it as best as I can. I hope you all will understand each and everyone's own personal way of honoring this time, and not take my going out as something other than what it really was.

Thank you all for understanding, and may you all have a very blessed Easter!

He is risen!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have recently discovered your fashion blog and I love it. I have become inspired to start my own. I just set it up tonight, but I would love for you to take a look at it in the next little while and see if it is worthy to add to your list of blogs that you watch.

    I would really like to be "discovered" because I would love some advice and also a pat on the back when I occasionally get it right.

    Hope it's okay to send this email,

    Lesa

    http://alwayssummertink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read that comment, but I don't think you have to apologize for anything. The way in which someone observes any holiday, especially religious, is no one's business but their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! He is risen, Happy Easter to you, i love checking out your blog daily! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't read the comment either but just wanted to say that I don't think I've seen anyone address a negative blog comment in such a tasteful way before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do not need to apologize, I did not read the comment, but I believe in respecting how others observe it I remember that as a small child in the Caribbean I had to eat fish on Fridays, on Good Friday we could not listen to radio and watch TV. Missi I wish you a your family Happy Easter. What is for dinner today I am just wondering???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say Nic in the previous one , oopsieeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess everyone is different. I consider Easter a time for celebration because He arose.

    Just remember your relationship with God is what matters not what others think about it.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't have to post this V, just wanted to say. Gar!! What is with people. You know they're too chicken to voice their real opinions when they have to click "anonymous". And how the heck did they know what "going out" meant. You could have been all excited about going to celebrate Good Friday at your church... and if you weren't so what!? Blah! Good job on the response, I would have been ticked. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa