4/02/2009

Hair advice...

I had to cut out my mouth in this pic, because I wasn't ready for the shot and I had my mouth in a weird way. It was a good shot of the hair, though, and I am in need of advice on that, so I posted these pictures anyway to give a clear shot of what my hair looks like. I didn't have time to blow dry my hair or curl/straighten it like I normally do, so I tried mousse and some beach spray...I'm thinking my hair is too long to get away with this look and I need a haircut, but I really can't think of a cut I really want. I plan on just getting a trim. Any thoughts on that (you can click on the pic to enlarge it)?
Yeah, I know - goofy smile. I don't know why I try to wear lipstick when I have braces! lol!
I'm so glad that it's getting warmer so I can pull out all my spring/summer dresses!

Dress - B.Moss - $7
Jacket - Hyrdraulic - gifted
Bag - knock off "Gucci" - hand-me-down
Boots - Aerosoles - $29
Shell earrings - Target - $.50

10 comments:

  1. I found a great site where you can upload your pics and try diff hair and make-up its on instyle.com - ahve a look at my makeover blog to see my pics.

    But I must say I think your hair is lovely the way it is - I wish mine was as long as yours!!
    Grass is always greener etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candycane: I've tried several makeover sites and always end up deciding to leave it long. I guess I just want to know if people think I look too old fashioned and need to go for a more polished/fashionable cut (and if so, what would they suggest), or if I should just keep it trimmed and long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair has gotten so long! It's really pretty! Maybe you could use a trim of a few inches with some layers around your face but I like it how it is. I think you look fab!

    Love the dress and jean jacket, too! btw. I need to get a jean jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say leave it long. It takes a lot of confidence to wear short hair well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just keep it trimed but long...I luv ur hair. I'm in the process of growing mine out right now, so its always in a pony tail. I'd luv to have long hair like yours!! ~Kendra~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think such long hair is overwhelming on a petite frame such as yours. I think taking several inches off and adding some face-framing layers would look great on you and maybe it would even be easier to style.

    That said, you always seem to take the time to style your long hair and make it look nice. So many women with long hair just put it in a ponytail, and I always wonder "what's the point?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could cut it like how Anne Hathaway had her hair cut. A long bob, or the Lob. I think it would look super cute on you, especially since you have good bone structure and you could totally style it still with beachy spray and rock the tousled look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica - you don't think I'm confident enough to wear short hair? lol!

    Emily - that's what I was wondering if everyone might say...I'm glad someone did! I've been thinking my hair was a bit much for a while now. I need to make an appointment with a stylist soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nic I had hair as long as yours, but not as beautiful. I was always curling the ends. You have lovely body to yours. A good length would be to keep an inch or two past your shoulders, but have the front taper in towards your chin in layers. It's chic and you can still put it up and put in a ponytail. I used to have mine that way a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa