5/01/2009

American in Paris

I feel a bit "American in Paris" today with my knee-length pleated skirt and vest. I'm realizing that I don't really have a lot of office clothes, since I haven't been regularly to the office in about 2.5 years (I've been working from home all that time! This means I'm going to have to be really creative with the few pieces I have, since shopping is not an option for me right now.

Decided to be a little matchy-matchy on the bag and shoes. My office is very conservative, so I try to keep things more classic. **I should have made this clearer - I shouldn't have said "conservative" - my office is business casual, emphasis on casual. But it is still an office so the flashy pumps and bag I wanted to wear, I knew were too much. I needed to opt for classic/muted shoes and bag. And of course, matchy-matchy on shoes and bag is always a good look, it was just not what I had originally planned, so my comment above was just not a complete thought and I'm sure didn't make sense. Sorry about that!

By the way, my skirt was ironed...I don't know why it looks all wrinkled in the picture. Oh well!

Skirt - Old Navy - $4.49
Vest - Macy's - $9.99
White shirt - JCPenney - $11
Pumps - Target - $6
Bag - thrifted - $2
Shell necklace and earrings - gifted