5/01/2009

American in Paris

I feel a bit "American in Paris" today with my knee-length pleated skirt and vest. I'm realizing that I don't really have a lot of office clothes, since I haven't been regularly to the office in about 2.5 years (I've been working from home all that time! This means I'm going to have to be really creative with the few pieces I have, since shopping is not an option for me right now.

Decided to be a little matchy-matchy on the bag and shoes. My office is very conservative, so I try to keep things more classic. **I should have made this clearer - I shouldn't have said "conservative" - my office is business casual, emphasis on casual. But it is still an office so the flashy pumps and bag I wanted to wear, I knew were too much. I needed to opt for classic/muted shoes and bag. And of course, matchy-matchy on shoes and bag is always a good look, it was just not what I had originally planned, so my comment above was just not a complete thought and I'm sure didn't make sense. Sorry about that!

By the way, my skirt was ironed...I don't know why it looks all wrinkled in the picture. Oh well!

Skirt - Old Navy - $4.49
Vest - Macy's - $9.99
White shirt - JCPenney - $11
Pumps - Target - $6
Bag - thrifted - $2
Shell necklace and earrings - gifted

12 comments:

  1. Such a cute outfit. I really like how the vest puts it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 01, 2009

    Maybe it's just me, but I like it when shoes and bags are matchy-matchy. To me it gives a sense of continuity and stability...or maybe that's just my conservative self talking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I love the touch of the vest, and the pleated skirt!!!!
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! I love the touch of the vest, and the pleated skirt!!!!
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty on you. I love the skirt.

    I have to dress pretty conservatively when we go out to client sites. Always hard to know in todays world what that means exactly. One time it meant only business suits, nude hose, and conservative bag/shoes. Now I see a little of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a sweet outfit.

    I love vests. That's something that I'd wear to my work.

    I really need some light tan shoes and a bag, yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have made this clearer - I shouldn't have said "conservative" - my office is business casual, emphasis on casual. But it is still an office so the flashy pumps and bag I wanted to wear, I knew were too much. I needed to opt for classic/muted shoes and bag. And of course, matchy-matchy on shoes and bag is always a good look, it was just not what I had originally planned, so my comment above was just not a complete thought and I'm sure didn't make sense. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit Nic, you look great! I really like that skirt on you, any way you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousMay 01, 2009

    Oh, okay...that makes sense. :)
    I seriously love this outfit. You know how they say that copying someone is the sincerest form of flattery? Feel flattered, lol...I'm definitely going to buy a vest and copy this adorable look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oo-la-la. this outfit i LOVE!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue looks good on you. Remember that blue shift dress you wore with pearl strands in one of your posts? It really is your color and you look chic.Btw, I'm a Miss Match too,hehehe!

    http://ceerza72.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm just going to check your blog daily for fashion advice... lol I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa