5/25/2009

Answer to a reader question

Hi. i am a follower of your blog and i must say i admire you for your fashion taste and thriftiness.
Speaking of jewelries and accessories, would you mind posting a picture of your jewelry and accessories organiser in your closet. i just wanted to see so i can have idea. my jewelries are a mess, just scattered on top of my dresser. :(

thanks in advance.

Well, you asked...so here are the pictures:
The picture above shows my necklaces, scarves, and bracelets. All strung on nails that I hammered into a board in my closet.

The other wall is where I hang my belts and molded bras.
I keep the shoes I wear the most out on the most reachable shelf, and stock my off-season shoes behind or on the unreachable shelves.
Bags are all lined on the top shelf along with my hats.
These are the inside shelves that contain the shoes I don't wear as often.
And just for fun...here are the stacks of fashion catalogs/magazines I peruse to get ideas. I know, I'm addicted!

7 comments:

  1. You are so organized! I just love peeking in other people's closets LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 25, 2009

    In your FAQ section you said you hem your dresses with a "blind stitch"...can you describe what a blind stitch is? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wonder how the fabulous and fashionistas' closet gonna look... Thanks for sharing this. Great organizational skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 25, 2009

    I am working on my wardrobe, and I have a question for you. I'm a SAHM and I don't run errands very often (maybe twice a week) requiring me to get somewhat dressed up. We go to church Sun morning, Sun night and Wed night so I have a good church wardrobe. I'm wondering what you wear on off days when you are at home all day. Can you offer some ideas to help me put together some nice outfits for around the house? I don't wear pants (ever), and of course, I want to be comfortable...it's so hard not to look frumpy! I don't want to be a frumpy housewife. HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah, Nic! That was quite a hefty collection out there. Thanks for letting us peek into your wardrobe closet. Btw, shouldn't bras be folded to prevent it from over-stretching especially the straps? Just thinking out loud. ;)

    http://cereza72.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl,

    Molded bras should be laid flat (not folded). I don't have a place to lay them flat, so I hang them...and yes, that isn't what you're supposed to do - but those are cheap bras. My nice ones are not molded, and the ones I normally wear. They are the ones folded in my drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I mean laid flat,ooops! what was I thinking, hehe! ;) Anyway, thanks for the correction and I do store mine in a drawer especially if they are molded.Thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback from my readers! Check back here for a reply to your comment.

-Vanessa